This white paper is targeted at IT professionals and database administrators responsible for managing scale, concurrency, high availability, consolidation, virtualization, or service level agreements for the SQL Server instances in their production environments. In this paper you are shown various ways in which you can use the Resource Governor to analyze and streamline the way resources are utilized within your SQL Server instances, by explaining:
- How the Resource Governor works, including limitations and best practices.
- Methods for building a consolidation plan, and testing those methods.
- Techniques for preventing runaway queries, or at least minimizing their impact.
- Approaches to meeting service level agreements (SLAs) driven by response time and concurrency.
- Basic ideas about implementing a chargeback system to recover resource costs.
- Ways to monitor SQL Server using new Resource Governor functionality.
Enjoy reading of this document