In one of my previous blogs I wrote about performance tips to improve the performance of your SSRS reports. In this blog I wrote about the 3 different performance elements during the execution of a report:
- Time to retrieve the data (TimeDataRetrieval).
- Time to process the report (TimeProcessing)
- Time to render the report (TimeRendering)
As of SQL Server 2008 R2, this 3 performance components are logged every time for which a deployed report is executed. This information can be found in the table Executionlog3 in the ReportServer database. In SQL Azure Reporting you can't access the ExectionLog3 table, however it is still possible to get the contents of this table. To get the contents of this table do the following:
- Login to the Azure Management Portal.
- Select Reporting
- Select your reporting subscription.
- Press the Download Execution Log button in the top of the management portal.
- Select the date you want to export.
- Open the downloaded CSV file in Excel.